[ Alzheimer’s Research UK | Global Clinical Trials Fund ]
The Global Clinical Trials Fund supports clinical trials that have potential to be of benefit to dementia patients. Lead applicants and trial sites can be from the UK or international.
The remit of this scheme covers:
- Studies that aim to demonstrate target engagement, Phase I or Phase II clinical trials undertaken to ascertain the potential safety and efficacy of (novel or re-purposed) drug-based interventions in human subjects.
- Clinical trials of non-drug based, complex interventions.
- Opportunities for research ‘add ons’ to ongoing clinical trials (e.g. validated biomarker add-ons).
This scheme is not designed to cover interventions or devices for ‘assisted living’ or for care management nor observational/biomarker clinical studies.
Who can apply:
- Applications are accepted from lead applicants based at established academic/not-for-profit research institutions worldwide.
- The lead applicant is expected to have a contract with the host institution which covers the proposed duration of the project.
- SMEs are not permitted to apply as lead applicants but can be listed as co-applicants/collaborators on academic/not-for-profit-led projects.
- Large commercial organisations may only participate as collaborators on academic/not-for-profit-led projects, in particular if these add value to the trial – for example, access to expertise, technologies, medical devices, drug supply or funding.
Funding: up to GBP 1 million for personnel (excl. the PI’s salary), equipment, animal costs and running costs (consumables, travel etc).
Duration: depending on the proposal.
Deadline for Expression of Interest: 13 November 2019
For further information and application, please have a look at the call webpage, FAQs and eligibility guidelines.