[ Baasch-Medicus Foundation | Funding for protected time for research in neurology ]
The “Baasch-Medicus-Stiftung” was created in 2001 by Ms. Dr. phil. Lotte Medicus (died 2010) and by the Swiss Neurological Society (SNS).
The Baasch-Medicus Foundation aims to acknowledge and support outstanding achievements in neurology and funds innovative research in the field.
To this end, yearly supplementing research grants for a two years’ complementary employment in Switzerland are being announced. As a rule, the grants are to complement a partial clinical employment on a fifty-fifty bases (50% Baasch-Medicus Foundation and 50% clinical engagement at the home institution).
The following award conditions apply for the research grants:
- The emphasis is on research in clinical neurology.
- The research activity takes place in Switzerland and is associated with clinical neurology.
- The applicant is aiming at an academic career.
- The applicant is certified specialist in neurology or is currently receiving his clinical specialty training in neurology, and is pursuing an academic career.
- The applicant is aged under 46 years at the time of submitting the application.
- Lack of another source of finance.
- Join a support letter from the host research group.
Funding: applicant’s salary and social charges. As a rule, the grants are to complement a partial clinical employment on a fifty-fifty bases (50% Baasch-Medicus Foundation and 50% clinical engagement at the home institution).
Deadline: 30 June 2021
For further information, please have a look at the foundation’s website, at the call webpage and at the call guidelines (ENG at the bottom).