[ FondAction contre le Cancer | Grants for applied cancer research ]
Established in Lausanne in 1999, FondAction contre le Cancer supports applied cancer research for the benefit of patients, particularly in Switzerland. The foundation offers 2 funding instruments:
- What: For collaborative applied research projects related to cancer. The research topic can be pre-clinical or clinical or of public health. Priority will be given to projects involving the development of innovative therapies for patients.
- Who can apply: team of applicants. The main applicant (MD, PhD, nurse or else) must be Swiss or be employed by a Swiss institution and should demonstrate the ability to lead and finalize an innovative research project.
- Funding: no upper or lower limit. The grant does NOT cover the main applicant’s salary. You must have and mention other sources of funding.
- Duration: max 36 months.
YOUNG INVESTIGATOR GRANTS
- What: Support to young researchers in the field of oncology in Switzerland, to help them at the beginning of their academic career. The research topic can be pre-clinical or clinical or of public health.
- Who can apply: the young investigator must be an MD, a PhD in biology or health care, be Swiss or be employed by a Swiss institution, < 40 year old, have the support of his/her supervisor and the opportunity to build a career at the institution of employment.
- Funding: CHF 100’000. The grant does NOT cover the main applicant’s salary.
- Duration: 24 months.
Deadline: 15 September 2022
Proposals are evaluated by the foundation’s scientific committee and external experts.
For more information, please have a look at the call webpage + supported projects.