[ Fondation Fyssen – Post-doctoral study grants in France ]
The aim of the Fyssen Foundation is to “encourage all forms of scientific inquiry into cognitive mechanisms, including thought and reasoning, which underlie animal and human behaviour; their biological and cultural bases, and phylogenetic and ontogenetic development”.
The Foundation supports research in the following disciplines:
- Ethology, Psychology,
- Social Anthropology
- Human Paleontology and Archaeology.
The Foundation’s Post-doctoral study grants cover 1-2 years of postdoctoral research at a host laboratory in France.
Who can apply:
- Carry out postdoctoral research in a laboratory in France, if the PhD was obtained in another country, or outside of France, if the PhD was obtained in France.
- PhD or equivalent obtained less than 2 years prior to September 1st, 2021.
- Under 35-year olds at the call deadline.
- Not installed in the host laboratory for more than 3 months on September 1st, 2021.
Regarding the host laboratory in France: the recipient will be hosted within a framework of a fixed-term contract, and will have to make sure that a convention of co-financing can be signed between the Foundation and the laboratory to reach the level of the gross salary.
Funding & Duration: EUR 40’000 per year for 12-24 months (non-renewable).
Deadline: 2 April 2021, 12:00 a.m. French time (GMT+1)
For further information, please have a look at the call webpage.