Call for proposal
[FONDATION LEENAARDS Translational Medical Research | Research Funding]
The Leenaards Foundation supports Translational Medical Research at the university hospitals in the Lake Geneva region carried out in collaboration with other academic institutions. The aim is to strengthen structural links between clinical and basic research.
Aim: the Leenaards Prize for Translational Medical Research will be granted to projects that investigate a clinical problem from an original and innovative angle, linking it to a component of advanced basic research, be it experimental research, bioinformatics or epidemiological analyses. The project must include a human research component.
- Research must be done in collaboration between 2-3 applicants: at least one university hospital and one academic institution of the Lake Geneva Region; a third applicant may be based outside of this perimeter.
- The PI will be a clinical scientist (MD, MD-PhD, or PhD, below age of 45).
- Applicants should preferably be at a relatively early stage in their careers.
- All applicants must hold a “stable position” for the entire duration of the project.
- The Prize is not renewable.
Funding: between CHF 500’000 and 750’000.
Deadline for the Letter of Intent: 9 March 2018
Submit the Letter of Intent, budget and CVs via the foundation’s portal.
- Decision on the Letters of Intent: March 2018.
- Internal Deadline for institutional letters of support: contact the Research Office by 22 May 2018
- Official Deadline for full proposals: 5 June 2018
- Final Decision: end of September 2018.
- Beginning of the Project: January 2019.
Contact Research Office
Accessibility General public