[ Gerda Henkel Stiftung | Grants in the historical humanities - Lost Cities thematic call ]
The Gerda Henkel Foundation was established in 1976 in Düsseldorf to support the historical humanities.
The Foundation supports research in the following fields: Archaeology, History of Art, Historical Islamic Studies, History, History of Science, History of Law, Prehistory and Early History.
In addition, the foundation offers the following thematic grants: Security, Society and the State; Patrimonies; Democracy; Lost Cities.
Projects and individuals in the following areas are NOT supported: Medicine, Natural and Engineering Sciences, Psychology, Linguistics and Literature Studies, Drama or Film Studies, Economics.
The foundation offers various grants for:
- Research projects conducted independently by applicants holding a PhD.
- Postdoctoral scholarships.
- PhD scholarships.
Who can apply: Academics in the fields of historical humanities, regardless of their nationality and place of work.
Deadlines for the 2020 non-thematic calls:
- For Research projects and Postdoctoral scholarships above EUR 25K: 27 May (earliest start: December).
- For Research projects and Postdoctoral scholarships below EUR 25K: Rolling call (decision: within 3-4 months).
- For PhD scholarships: Rolling call (decision: within 6 months).
- For the "Democracy" research programme: 2 June.
- For the "Lost Cities" research programme: 2 June.
- For the "Security, Society and the State" research programme: 30 November.
- For the "Patrimonies" research programme: Rolling call.