[ M-ERA.NET Call 2021 | Research funding on transnational RTD projects addressing materials research and innovation ]
M-ERA.NET is a strong European network of public funding organisations supporting and increasing coordination and convergence of national and regional funding programmes on research and innovation related to materials and battery technologies to support the European Green Deal.
The aim is to fund ambitious transnational RTD projects addressing materials research and innovation including materials for low carbon energy technologies and related production technologies. M-ERA.NET aims to strengthen the contribution of materials R&D to energy-related applications where applicable.
The M-ERA.NET Call 2021 was launched on 15 March 2021. 45 funding agencies from 32 countries participate with a total budget of approximately 60 million €, including an EU contribution. For Switzerland, the Swiss Federal Office of Energy (SFOE) is the Funding Agency.
The following six topics are defined for the Call 2021:
- Topic 1: Modelling for materials engineering, processing, properties and durability
- Topic 2: Innovative surfaces, coatings and interfaces
- Topic 3: High performance composites
- Topic 4: Functional materials
- Topic 5: New strategies for advanced material-based technologies in health applications
- Topic 6: Materials for Additive Manufacturing
Please note that topics 5 and 6 are not targeted by the Swiss funding Agency (SFOE). For topic 4, research must be energy related with a focus on future battery technologies.
M-ERA.NET will support the research and innovation chain described through the Technology Readiness Levels (TRL). A more detailed description of the topics is available in Annex 1. A description of the TRLs can be found in Annex 2.
Who can apply:
- International consortia composed of at least 3 partners from at least 2 different participating countries.
- Coordinator must request funding from a funding organisation listed in Annex 3.
- Swiss-based applicants: all Swiss applicants must be eligible for SFOE Funding (see Directive on the submission and evaluation of applications for financial support of energy research, pilot and demonstration projects).
- Please contact [email protected] to verify your eligibility for the call.
Look for partners using the Partner Search Tool.
- The SFOE has allocated 650’000 € for 10 research partners for this call.
- The funding rates are: max. 80% for higher education institution, public research organisation and max. 50% for private (SME, larger companies). In case of Pilot- and Demonstration projects: max. 40% of eligible project costs.
Timeline of the call:
- Deadline for pre-proposal submission: 15 June 2021 at 12:00 (noon) CET
- Pre-proposal selection: mid-September 2021
- Deadline for full proposal submission: 17 November 2021
Note: a direct contact with SFOE (E-Mail/phone) is mandatory before any electronic submission (at least 1 week before submission of pre-proposal). The contact person is Stefan Oberholzer ([email protected], +41 58 465 89 20)
For further information, please have a look at the call webpage, call guidelines, SFOE specifications, mandatory pre-proposal form, FAQ and online application portal.
If you have any questions, please contact [email protected].