[ Novartis Foundation for Medical-Biological Research | Young Investigator Grant ]
|Category||Call for proposal|
Established in Basel in 1943, the Novartis foundation for medical-biological research was founded to foster medical-biological science in Switzerland by means of financial support for research projects conducted at Swiss universities in the field of medicine and medically oriented biology / biochemistry.
In addition, it funds young researchers at the beginning of their careers by supporting their early stages of independency or by co-funding research fellowships abroad.
Projects with a Novartis drug as a research focus are NOT eligible.
One of the foundation’s funding instruments is the Young Investigator Grant.
Who can apply:
- Young researchers (postdoctoral fellows or early stage group leaders) starting or continuing their first independent research project at a Swiss Institute.
- The applicant's academic age should be less than 8 years post-graduation (without absence due to parental leave, taking care of a sick person etc.).
This grant gives applicants the opportunity to write other grants (i.e. SNF) or apply for open group leader positions, while being financially secure.
Funding & Duration: Max. CHF 80’000 for up to 12 months.
- In exceptional cases, the applicants own salary may be eligible.
- Personnel (salary of research staff - i.e. PhD students, postdocs or other staff - based on EPFL salary scale and including social charges).
- Instruments (if you request funding for laboratory equipment, you must join offers from vendors).
- Miscellaneous expenses (incl. consumables, chemicals, reagents, cell lines, animals, eggs, publication fees).
- Does NOT cover overheads.
Deadlines: 1 February, 1 May and 1 October (every year) at 23:59 CET
- If you are not independent: please join to your application a support letter signed by the responsible professor / group leader, which confirms the independence of the applicant.
- If you are independent: please include a Support Letter by your last group leader + a document confirming your employment.