[ Novartis Foundation for Medical-Biological Research | Grants for established researchers ]
|Category||Call for proposal|
Established in Basel in 1943, the Novartis foundation for medical-biological research was founded to foster medical-biological science in Switzerland by means of financial support for research projects conducted at Swiss universities in the field of medicine and medically oriented biology / biochemistry.
In addition, it funds young researchers at the beginning of their careers by supporting their early stages of independency or by co-funding research fellowships abroad.
Projects with a Novartis drug as a research focus are NOT eligible.
One of the foundation’s funding instruments is the Research Project Grant.
Who can apply:
- Only Senior researchers can be responsible for the research project and submit an application.
- Applicants must be employed at a Swiss university or research institution.
- Applicants must NOT have received a grant from the Foundation within the last 5 years.
- It is possible to resubmit a significantly adapted version of a previously rejected application.
Funding & Duration: Max. CHF 80’000 for up to 12 months.
- Personnel (excl. the PI’s salary) for research staff (i.e. PhD students, postdocs or other staff), based on EPFL salary scale and including social charges.
- Instruments (if you request funding for laboratory equipment, you must join offers from vendors).
- Miscellaneous expenses (incl. consumables, chemicals, reagents, cell lines, animals, eggs, publication fees).
- Does NOT cover overheads.
Deadlines: 1 February, 1 May and 1 October (every year) at 23:59 CET
For further information, please have a look at the EPFL Toolkit and the call website.