REPIC | Research funding with developing and transitioning countries
|Category||Call for proposal|
The goal of the REPIC platform (Renewable Energy, Energy & Resource Efficiency, Promotion in International Cooperation) is to strengthen and coordinate Swiss federal activities (by SECO, SDC, FOEN, SFOE) on renewable energies, energy and resource efficiency within developing and transitioning countries.
Projects must facilitate the transfer of Swiss technology and know-how to meet local needs. The project must be in the field of renewable energies and/or energy efficiency and/or resource efficiency (waste, waste water and industrial processes).
REPIC gives priority to the following renewable energy technologies: Small hydraulics, Solar energy (thermal, photovoltaic), Wind power, Biomass and Geothermal.
REPIC’s financial contributions are primarily intended as complementary measures for the:
- quality assurance of proposals,
- reduction of project transaction costs in the international context
- as seed funding for larger projects.
REPIC can support projects in the following categories:
- Pre-projects focused on implementation
- Pilot projects (technical and economic)
- Infrastructure Projects
- Measures in favor of training and quality assurance
- Establishment of market structures
- Funding models
- Events and activities related to information
Who can apply:
- The main applicant must be based at a Swiss Organisation (e.g. institute, business, NGO).
- The project must involve local partner(s) in developing or transition countries. Countries benefitting from the Swiss contribution to EU enlargement are excluded.
Funding: max. 150’000.
- REPIC covers up to 50% of the total budget. Both the main applicant and the local partner(s) are expected to provide own contributions and/or other third party funding.
Next Deadlines: 12 October 2022 (new deadlines every 2 months)
Please contact REPIC Secretariat ([email protected]) well ahead of the deadline to present your idea.
Applications must be submitted to the REPIC Secretariat in PDF at [email protected] or by post.
For more information and application, please have a look at REPIC website, application procedure, funding conditions, application forms, FAQs and project examples. Please contact [email protected] for personalised advice on the applicable overhead rate, eligible productive hours and much more.