Scientific Excellence and Equality – a Contradiction?
The NCCR Molecular Systems Engineering and Diversity, University of Basel are very happy to invite you to their planned conference with Prof. Dr. Tom Welton on the topic "Scientific Excellence and Equality – a Contradiction?" This is a virtual event taking place in the afternoons of
Wed 4 Nov 2020
- 13:30 – 15:10 Session 1: Plenary session, open for all
- 15:30 – 17:30 Session 2: Round table discussion with NCCR MSE members, by invitation
Thu 5 Nov 2020
- 13:30 – 15:10 Session 3: Round table discussion with University decision makers, by invitation
- 15:30 – 17:30 Session 4: Round table discussion with NCCR EO and SNSF officers, by invitation
To further fruitful discussions among the various stakeholders the conference will take place in four sessions.
The goals of this conference are to discuss current academic, structural and institutional challenges universities face today to promote equality while assuring that a high level of scientific excellence is maintained. It is hoped that the active discourse amongst the attendees not only stimulate a higher awareness for unconscious bias and gender differences but also result in the identification of promising measures of success to reach a true state of diversity.
Please see more information on Prof. Dr. Tom Welton here.
Since this is a Zoom event kindly note that registration for the plenary session is free but mandatory so that we can send you the conference link in time. Be aware that we will record the individual sessions.
For registration please click here. Registration is open until 30 October 2020.
Please feel free to forward this information to members of your team and within your institution.
- General public
- Registration required
- The NCCR Molecular Systems Engineering and Diversity, University of Basel