SERI | 2022 Call for Research Partnership Grants with ASEAN member states
|Category||Call for proposal|
The State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI) mandated the ETH Zurich as Leading House for bilateral collaboration with partner institutions in East and Southeast Asia. In 2022, the Leading House Asia ETH Zurich opened a call for proposals for Research Partnership Grants with ASEAN member states: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam.
Who can apply:
- Postdoctoral scientists, senior scientists and professors of Swiss federal and cantonal universities, universities of applied sciences, universities of teacher education, as well as public research institutions.
- The main applicant must be employed at one of the aforementioned Swiss institutions.
- The proposal has to include at least one co-applicant from one of the partner countries. Co-applicant(s) will have to provide their own funds (cash and in-kind).
Funding: up to CHF 15’000
Duration: up to 12 months
- The goal of this funding instrument is to launch new collaborations between Switzerland-based scientists and scientists based at a university or research institute in one of the ASEAN member states.
- It covers small scientific studies such as feasibility studies or pilot projects which ideally lead to larger follow-up projects and grants.
- The call is open to all disciplines.
Eligible costs: Research costs. Does NOT cover research projects, salaries* or scientific exchanges. *see exceptions in the call document.
- Application deadline: 30 September 2022
- Decision: December 2022
- Earliest project start: February 2023
For more information and application, please have a look at the call website, call guidelines, research plan template and online application form.