SNSF Scientific Image Competition 2023
The Swiss National Science Foundation has announced its annual edition of the “SNSF Scientific Image Competition” for images and short videos from the world of research. The award-winning works are announced in April or May, displayed in an exhibition at the Biel/Bienne Festival of Photography and made available to the public and the media, as well as to scientific institutions.
The competition gives the public an unconventional view of research. It invites all researchers to document the often unusual environment they work in, as well as any special tools and instruments, and to capture unexpected occurrences on film or make a photo of the research team at work.
Prize: a CHF 1’000 prize will be awarded to the winners in each of the following categories:
- Object of study
- Research locations and instruments
- Women and men of science
- Video loop
Who can apply:
- scientists working at higher education institutions or research institutions in Switzerland.
- Each participant may submit from 1 to 5 entries.
- Works by professional photographers are not accepted.
- Employees of the communication departments of research institutions;
- The works must have been produced less than 12 months before the deadline for submitting entries.
For further information, please have a look at the call webpage (including the members of the jury and past winners of the competition and the online submission form).