Call for proposal
[SWISS CANCER LEAGUE | RESEARCH FUNDING]
The Swiss Cancer League and the Swiss Cancer Research foundation call for applications for research funding. Only projects with distinct cancer relevance will be funded. The expected results of the proposed project should contribute to new observations or knowledge on the causes, prevention or treatment of cancer. Priority is given to patient-oriented research projects. Only one project per PI may be submitted per round. Rejected applications can be revised and re-submitted only once.
- Grant applicants of Swiss nationality or non-Swiss applicants currently employed by a Swiss research institution.
- The PI must have successfully conducted several years of research and hold an independent position.
Funding: up to CHF 375’000
- Yearly budget should not exceed CHF 125’000.
- Salary must be determined using SNSF Salary scales.
- The PI is not allowed to apply for his salary.
- Consumables and miscellaneous expenses (excluded are travel costs, conferences and overheads) are usually granted for CHF 25’000.- per year per 100% position but can in well-documented cases make up to 50% of the yearly budget.
- Up to CHF 3’000 per publication can be claimed for open access, choosing between the Green or the Gold Road, the Hybrid Road is not supported.
Duration: up to 4 years
Deadline: 31 July (23:59 Swiss local time)
- Create your account on the online portal at least 2 weeks prior to the deadline.
- Submit your application via the online portal.
- Then, mail one signed hardcopy of the online generated application to firstname.lastname@example.org within 3 working days after the deadline.
For further information on the eligibility and evaluation criteria, have a look at the Information Sheet and General Guidelines. Please contact the Research Office if you have any question.
Contact Research Office
Accessibility General public