Call for proposal
[ THE JACOBS FOUNDATION RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM ]
This is a globally competitive three-year fellowship program for early and mid-career researchers from all disciplines aiming at improving the learning, development and living conditions of children and youth or contributing to one of the foundation’s thematic priorities: science of learning, early childhood and rural livelihoods.
Scholars who engage in interdisciplinary work on individual development and learning of children and youth, and who seek to combine genetic, epigenetic, neurobiological, behavioural and social levels of analysis, are particularly encouraged to apply.
Jacobs Early Career Research Fellowship
- Who: up to 7 years after PhD
- Funding: CHF 150,000 for 3 years
- Covers: up to 50% of the fellow’s salary.
Jacobs Advanced Research Fellowship
- Who: up to 15 years after PhD
- Funding: CHF 400,000 for 3 years
- Covers: up to 25% of the fellow’s salary.
Other eligible costs:
- Partial coverage of any activity supporting the fellow's research, such as assistant salaries, equipment, technical assistance, professional travel, or trainee support.
- 10% overheads.
Deadline for pre-proposal: 18 March 2018 (23.59 Swiss local time)
Deadline for full-proposal: 1 July 2018 (23.59 Swiss local time)
Interview: September 2018
Decision: December 2018
- Submit your CV (incl. publications) and a statement of your scientific work and research plans in a single PDF document via the online application form.
- A confidential recommendation letter from a department head or other senior researcher must be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please have a look at the call website.
Contact Research Office
Accessibility General public