[ Wellcome Trust - Climate Change & Health Award | Research funding ]
The Wellcome Trust supports research projects to explore the links between health and climate change.
- Developing tools, data sources and other resources to support research into health and climate change
- Assessing the health co-benefits of actions to mitigate or adapt to climate change
Preference to research:
- focusing on low and middle income countries
Who can apply: individuals or teams of up to 10 members anywhere in the world based at
- an academic research organisation
- a not-for-profit or government body
- a private sector organisation.
Funding & Duration: Max. £500,000 for up to 36 months
- Personnel (except for PI holding a tenured or permanent post)
- Other: materials and consumables, equipment (only essential smaller items + cost of one personal computer or laptop per person), travel, conference and subsistence, fieldwork expenses, publication, VAT, PhD student fees, other.
- Does NOT fund: overheads, large equipment, research management and support costs, open access article processing charges, PhD stipends.
When to apply
- Preliminary application: 11 October 2018, 17:00 BST
- Full application: 10 January 2019
- Decision: March 2019
For more information, please have a look at the call webpage.