Call for proposal
[ Wellcome Trust - Innovator Awards | Research funding ]
The UK-based charity, Wellcome Trust, launched the Innovator Awards to support researchers who are transforming great ideas into healthcare innovations that could have a significant and measurable impact on human health. You can work in any discipline on any type of technology:
- Priority focus areas: diagnostics, drug repurposing, mental health, but also neglected tropical diseases, neurological disorders and rare diseases. Applications from other areas may be considered.
- Examples of technologies: therapeutics (small molecules or biologics), vaccines, device, digital technology and regenerative medicine.
Who can apply:
- Researchers worldwide and not established commercial organisation without working capital
- Multidisciplinary collaboration grants: must include researchers from at least 2 different scientific disciplines and at least 1 outside the life sciences.
- A Letter of Institutional Support is compulsory for applicants who do not hold a tenured or permanent post.
- If you already hold an Innovator Award, you can apply again, but for a different innovation.
Funding & Duration:
- Individual grants: Max. £500,000 for up to 24 months
- Multidisciplinary collaborations: Max £750,000 for up to 36 months
- salary (except for PI holding a tenured or permanent post), materials and consumables, animals, access charges to equipment and facilities, travel and subsistence, publications costs and other.
- Does NOT cover overheads and large equipment.
Rolling call: you can apply any time.
For more information and application, please visit the call webpage.
Contact Research funding
Accessibility General public