Bioengineering Day 2018
|Date||01.11.2018 – 13:00 › 22:00|
|Category||Conferences - Seminars|
Annual research event of the EPFL's Interfaculty Institute of Bioengineering (IBI) -- this year under the motto "From Open Science to Open Innovation and Translation".
In a nutshell (see details -talk titles and schedules, in particular- HERE):
- Keynote Talk by Jennifer Elisseeff, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD (USA): “Lessons from Translation: Impacting Patients and the Lab"
- Short research talks by four ‘Jeffrey Hubbell and Melody Swartz Young Bioengineer Award’ finalists
- Session on “Spin-on, Spin-off - Experiences with (Open) Innovation and Translation”:
- Georg Fantner, Institute of Bioengineering, EPFL: “Open Hardware: Academic Instrument Development in the Age of Open Science”
- Nathalie Brandenberg / Sylke Höhnel, Sun Bioscience: ”The Art of Uninformed Decision Making”
- Petr Strnad, Viventis Microscopy: “Our Story Behind a Sample: from a Lab Instrument to Market”
- Ulrike Kettenberger, Pioletti Lab, IBI-EPFL“Turning Research into a Medical Device – a Long Way”
- Round Table Discussion: “What (not) to Do as a Starting Entrepreneur?”
- Research posters
- Annual Ceremony:
- Jeffrey Hubbell and Melody Swartz Young Bioengineer Award' 2018
- EDBB Distinctions 2018
- Poster prizes
- Toasts to various IBI faculty
- Networking, beer & wine, food, live music...
Participation is free of charge; registration, required, runs until October 21, 2018, midnight. Register HERE now!
See online info HERE.
UPDATE: have a look at Murielle Gerber’s BioE Day 2018 photo gallery !
- Informed public
- Registration required
- EPFL Institute of Bioengineering (IBI)
- Dietrich REINHARD, Institute Manager