Challenges for an innovative Society: crossing perspectives between Politics, Academics and Industry
This one-day conference aims to reflect on the challenges brought by technological change and to identify possible solutions.
The following themes have been identified as particularly relevant:
- Competitiveness: Reflections on globalization and how to remain competitive in a changing and globalized environment.
- Digitalization: New technologies, in particular artificial intelligence, are going to revolutionize production modes. What are the issues for employees and firms?
- Education: How should our educational system evolve to prepare students and active workers for technological change?
- Innovation: How to promote the emergence of new business models?
- Technology transfer: What are the obstacles to technology transfer from the academic world to the industrial world?
EPFL's stakeholders include:
- Prof. Gaétan de Rassenfosse, Chaire en Politiques d'Innovation et Propriété Intellectuelle et membre du comité scientifique de cette conférence
- Prof. Dominique Foray, Chaire en Economie et Management de l'Innovation
- Dr. Michaël Thémans, Vice-President Adjoint Innovation EPFL
- Prof. Pierre Vandergheynst, Vice-President Education EPFL
- General public