[ European Foundation For the Study of Diabetes (EFSD) I Travel fellowships ]
The Albert Renold Travel Fellowships enable scientists and clinicians to travel and stay at other institutions abroad in order to learn specific techniques or clinical skills required for the advancement of their diabetes research project and not available at their home institution.
Who can apply:
- Scientists and clinicians: either PhD students or having obtained a PhD, MD, DMD, DVM, or equivalent within the 5 years (for basic scientists) or 7 years (for clinicians) preceding the first call of the year. Exceptions for maternity/paternity/sick leave will be taken into account.
- Fellows may NOT hold a permanent appointment.
- The home and/or the host institution must be based in the EU or Associated Country, both must be non-profit and each must be in a different country.
- Applicants must be employed at their home institution during their award.
- Applicants to all EFSD programmes must be paid-up members of EASD.
- Only one EFSD award per PI or Co-PI at a time + awardees will not be able to receive a second Albert Renold Travel Fellowship within the next two years following their award.
- There can be more than one EFSD award per lab, but for separate projects.
Funding & Duration: Max. EUR 8’000 for up to 3 months.
Deadlines: 15 January, 15 April, 15 July and 15 October 2019 at 18:00 (CET)
Decision: within 6 weeks.
Earliest start: within 9 months.
For further information, please have a look at the call webpage (incl. evaluation criteria), general instructions and online application portal (incl. the online application form).