Call for proposal
[ European Foundation For the Study of Diabetes (EFSD) and Lilly | Young Investigator Research Award ]
The objective of the EFSD/Lilly Young Investigator Research Awards is to encourage innovative research in the fields of diabetes and its complications, and to promote excellence in medical education.
Who can apply:
- Scientists and clinicians: they must hold a PhD, MD, DMD, DVM, or equivalent for no more than 5 years (for basic scientists) or 7 years (for clinicians) preceding the first call of the year. Exceptions for maternity/paternity/sick leave are taken into account.
- Applicants should have demonstrated their ability in the field of diabetes research.
- Fellows may NOT hold a permanent appointment.
- Applicants to all EFSD programmes must be paid-up members of EASD.
- Only one EFSD award per PI or Co-PI at a time.
- There can be more than one EFSD award per lab, but for separate projects.
Funding: Max. EUR 50’000
Deadline: 15 February 2019 at 18:00 (CET)
Decision: May 2019
For further information, please have a look at the call webpage (incl. evaluation criteria), general instructions, online application portal (incl. the online application form) and past grantees.
Contact Research Office
Accessibility General public