Fondation Leenaards | Research funding on translational medical research
|Category||Call for proposal|
The amount at disposal is 1.4 million CHF to be distributed between 2-3 innovative projects. Supported research team(s) will be free to plan the use of the funds over the duration of the projects.
The project must:
- Investigate a clinical or health problem from an original angle including pathogenesis, diagnosis, prevention or therapy.
- Associate clinical and basic research.
- Include a human research component.
- Stand on its own, but it can be embedded in the context of an existing project.
Who can apply:
- At least one group at a university hospital (CHUV or HUG) and one group at an academic institution (e.g. EPFL, UNIL, UNIGE) of the Lake Geneva Region; the third applicant can be based outside of this region. Preference is given to new collaborations.
- The PI must be a clinical scientist (MD, MD-PhD, or PhD, below the age of 45), with an established research track, who has demonstrated her or his capacity as an independent investigator to lead original clinical research
- The project’s co-applicants (max. 2), preferably also at a relatively early stage in their careers, will have shown their skills in their respective fields. Their contributions in the project must be clearly specified.
- All applicants must hold a “stable position” for the entire duration of the project.
- Applicants who have been granted the «Leenaards Prize for Translational Medical Research» during the last 3 years (2020–2022) are not eligible, and the project cannot be an extension of a previous Leenaards project.
Funding and duration per project: CHF 500’000 - 700’000 for up to 36 months (not renewable).
- Deadline for Letter of Intent, a budget and a short CV: 6 March 2023.
- Pre-selection: 5 April 2023.
- Internal deadline for Institutional Support Letter: 15 May 2023 (contact [email protected])
- Deadline for Full Proposals: 31 May 2023
- Final Decision: end of September 2023.
- Beginning of the Project: early January 2024.
For more information have a look at the call webpage, call document, the EPFL Toolkit, composition of the Jury and past granted projects.
- General public