Fondation Pierre Mercier pour la Science | Research Funding
Fondation Pierre Mercier pour la Science supports:
- Original scientific basic, applied or clinical biomedical research;
- Projects aiming at remedying the imbalance caused by industrialization on ecology and health.
- Preference is given to projects with applications in the short and medium term.
- Research must be conducted for the most part in Switzerland.
Who can apply: researchers (e.g. PATT, SNSF Eccellenza Fellows, Adjunct Professors) whose career as leaders of a research group would be boosted by the Foundation’s support.
Who cannot apply: Students, PhD students, Postdoctoral researchers or well-established researchers.
Funding & Duration: up to CHF 150'000-250’000 for to 2-3 years.
- Internal Deadline: Submit your proposal to [email protected] 10 working days to obtain the Letter of Institutional Support (compulsory).
- Call Deadline: 1 June and 1 December (every year) -> Submit your application in a single PDF to [email protected].
- The Board of the Foundation invites shortlisted candidates for a 10-minute interview followed by a 5-minute question session.
- Motivation letter, explaining your position in the research group.
- CV (incl. date of birth)
- Project proposal (max. 3 pages)
- Scientific part
- Description of the work environment (e.g. team, laboratory, equipment and infrastructure)
- Institutional Letter of Support confirming your employment relationship with EPFL
All documents must be submitted, in the order prescribed above, in a single PDF document (max. 8 pages).
For more information and application: Please have a look at the call website.