Helmut Horten Foundation | Funding for the promotion of health care
|Category||Call for proposal|
The Helmut Horten Foundation supports projects that pursue innovative research with clinical significance, primarily in the fields of oncology and/or immunology. Purely clinical studies are not supported.
Two project categories are envisaged:
- Project funding for young researchers.
- Funding of consortial projects.
- Project funding for young researchers: independent group leader, employed at a Swiss University or Research Institute for the entire duration of the project. The start of the project must occur no later than 15 years after the applicant has attained his/her highest academic degree.
- Funding of consortial projects: max. 5 independent group leaders at a Swiss University or Research Institute. One lead applicant represents the consortium and is responsible for the project. At least one applicant must be a physician scientist with respective clinical responsibility. Consortial projects are interdisciplinary. They combine clinical and basic scientific approaches to a matter of clinical importance.
Duration: max. 3 years
Funding: max. CHF 400'000 total for « young researchers »; max CHF 1 million per year for “consortial projects”. In general, the foundation covers the entire project and does not complement funding from other sources.
Deadlines for short proposals:
- 15 February 2023 for young researchers
- 15 May 2023 for Consortium applications
For further information, please have a look at the foundation’s mission (https://www.helmut-horten-stiftung.org/en/foundation-purpose/) , the call webpage (https://www.helmut-horten-stiftung.org/en/applications/ ) and the composition of the board of trustees (https://www.helmut-horten-stiftung.org/en/board/)