RESPECT @ EPFL: From bystander to upstander
|Date||10.11.2021 – 16:00 › 19:00|
|Speaker||Daena Giardellacall_made is a Senior Lecturer at the MIT Sloan School of Management and a Faculty Affiliate of the MIT Leadership Center. She teaches numerous interactive skills-based workshops and training programmes where participants learn how to respond proactively to implicit or unconscious bias, sexual harassment, and bullying by enacting improvised scenarios.|
|Category||Conferences - Seminars|
Daena Giardella will introduce the concept of the “upstander” and explain what it means to be an upstander, and how an upstander differs from a passive bystander. In this workshop, participants will practise vocabulary and phrases that can be applied to difficult situations of inappropriate behaviour in the workplace.
- How harassment, bullying, put-downs and bias affect all workplaces
- How to recognise and deal with inappropriate behaviour
- Gauging when it is possible to stand up
- Practising “upstander” vocabulary and phrases
- REGISTRATION: This event is designed for a limited number (290) of participants: first come, first served. A waitlist will be created once the limit is surpassed.