Responsible Consumption: shall we change the model?
In partnership with the Swiss Academy of Humanities and Social Sciences (ASSH), Enterprise for Society (E4S) organises a conference on the theme of responsible consumption.
When is consumption responsible? Is a more responsible consumption pattern compatible with the preservation of our quality of life and well-being? Does it require a change in the economic system? What room for maneuver do consumers have? What is their share of responsibility and what can we expect from them? Is it in the interest of companies to promote a change in consumption patterns? Are marketing and responsible consumption antinomic? What policies and incentive mechanisms could be put in place to promote more responsible consumption? These are some of the questions that will be addressed during the event.
The interventions will be held in French and English with simultaneous translation into German. The event is free and open to the wide public. It will be an opportunity for participants to contribute to a collective intelligence process.
- Welcoming remarks (FR, DE, 10’)
Prof. Dirk Niepelt, President, Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics
- Consumer empowerment and the role of politics (FR, 15’)
- The corporation’s perspective (EN, 15’)
- The contribution of behavioral economics (EN, 15’)
- Marketing : daughter of globalization and mother of responsible consumption ? (FR, 15’)
- Round tables and exchanges with the public
The event will be followed by a cocktail to continue discussions and exchanges.
- General public
- Registration required
- Enterprise for Society Center