[ SERI | Research Partnership Grants for Africa ]
The State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI) has commissioned Swiss TPH with support from the University of Basel as Leading House for bilateral collaboration with partner institutions in Africa. In 2021, the Leading House Africa (LH) opened a call for proposals for Research Partnership Grants.
The goal of the Research Partnership Grants is to further develop, consolidate and expand relations and foster new collaborations between Swiss researchers and partners in Africa.
Proposals are expected from the following two areas:
- Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences,
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) including biological sciences and medicine.
The call aims at awarding an equal balance of proposals from both areas.
Who can apply:
- Advanced PhD students and early postdoctoral researchers of Swiss federal and cantonal universities, universities of applied sciences, universities of teacher education, as well as public research institutions.
- The Lead PI must be employed at one of the aforementioned Swiss institutions.
- Eligible Partner Countries: All African countries, except Maghreb region and Egypt
Funding: up to CHF 15’000
Duration: up to 10 months
Eligible costs: travel, accommodation costs, project consumables and equipment. Does NOT cover research projects, salaries or scientific exchanges. Overheads are not eligible.
- Application deadline: 15 September 2021
- Decision: 30 October 2021
- Earliest project start: November 2021
For more information and application, please have a look at the call website, the guidelines and the application form.