SNSF - “EJP SOIL” - Call for joint research projects
The European Joint Programme “EJP SOIL - Towards climate-smart sustainable management of agricultural soils” is launching a new call for multinational and collaborative research projects on farm management practices that contribute to climate change mitigation and adaptation.
More than 16 funding organisations participate in the EJP SOIL External Call for projects to provide sustainable agricultural soil management solutions that contribute to key societal challenges such as climate change and future food supply. For Switzerland, the SNSF is the Funding Agency.
The SNSF is participating in this call exclusively supporting research projects on Soil restoration practices and managements for alleviating land degradation and supporting agro-ecosystem functioning (Topic A of the Call). Research proposals submitted for this topic should focus on the restoration of degraded soils in agricultural and forest lands and assess the potential of available solutions.
Who can apply:
- Consortia must involve at least 3 eligible partners from at least 3 different participating countries.
- All partners in a consortium are supported by the research funding organisations of their respective countries or regions and must follow the country-specific guidelines included in the funding regulations (see p.10).
- Applicants from Switzerland must be eligible for SNSF project funding. Please have a look at the EPFL Toolkit for Project Funding.
- Participation as Swiss applicant to the EJP Soil Call 2022 is restricted to one proposal
- Use the partnering tool to find for potential partners.
Funding: max. CHF 100’000.- per applicant and per year. The SNSF has allocated a maximum budget of CHF 600’000.- for this call.
Duration: max. 36 months
- 20 July 2022, at 14:00 (CEST): pre-registration mandatory deadline
- 14 September 2022, at 14:00 (CEST): proposal submission deadline
- December 2022: notification of funding decision
- January – May 2023: start of research projects
Submission Process: The proposals (pre-registration and full proposal) have to be submitted to the EJP-SOIL submission system and the mySNF platform (please select "ERA-NET + EJP: Pre-proposal" for pre-proposals).
For further information, please have a look at the call webpage, the call text, and the funding regulations.