[ SV Stiftung | Research funding on food and nutrition ]
The SV Foundation was first established in Bern in 1914 by Else Züblin-Spiller as an association aimed at providing soldiers with shelter in times of war. Turned into a foundation in 1999, SV Stiftung offers financial support to projects aimed at providing healthy and balanced nutrition across all segments of the population and raising awareness. The Foundation is funded through its dividends as SV Group AG’s shareholder.
The Foundation co-finances, among others, research into healthy eating, particularly in the fields of natural medicine, behavioural studies, social sciences and food technology.
Who can apply: no restrictions.
Funding and duration: no upper or lower limit
- However, funding is awarded for a determined period.
- Eligible costs: personnel (incl. PI’s salary) and project-related costs. Covers 20% overheads.
- Does not cover infrastructure costs.
Deadline: 31 January 2021 and 31 July 2021
Grant statistics 2015-2019:
- 2019: 25 applications submitted, 14 approved, total funding awarded: CHF 1’036’458.
- 2018: 24 applications submitted, 12 approved, total funding awarded: CHF 780'300.
- 2017: 23 applications submitted, 10 approved, total funding awarded: CHF 703'750.
- 2016: 18 applications submitted, 9 approved, total funding awarded: CHF 705’000.
- 2015: 17 applications submitted, 13 approved, total funding awarded: CHF 520’040.
For further information, please have a look at the call webpage, application form, supported projects and the foundation’s activity reports.