Call for proposal
[ Swiss Network for International Studies (SNIS) 2019 Call | Research funding ]
The Swiss Network for International Studies (SNIS) offers project grants for pluri-disciplinary research teams. Projects can involve both the social and natural sciences.
Proposals can be submitted in one of the following sections:
- General call for proposals, in any area of International Studies, aimed at projects that carry out research on global issues that are either relevant in the international arena or at least concern multiple countries simultaneously. The SNIS considers that International Studies deal not only with the analysis of international relations, but also with political, economic, social, environmental, legal, health, scientific, and development issues.
- Special theme 2019: What options for climate change mitigation without multilateralism?
Who can apply:
- The project Coordinator and Co-coordinator can be professors or post-docs with a full-time multiple-year contract or post-docs employed at 40%. They must be employed at for the duration of the project and cannot hold a SNIS grant at the time of the submission of the pre-proposal. If the coordinator is a post doc then the co-coordinator must be a professor.
- Associated members: SNIS strongly encourages collaborations with International Organisations and NGOs. The team can also include researchers from abroad and local partners.
Funding & Duration: CHF 100’000 to 300’000 for 24 months.
- PhD students’ salary at 100% (use SNSF salary scale: CHF 50’040 + 16% social charges) with a min. of 60% of the time dedicated to thesis-related work.
- Up to 60% of the salary of a post-doc employed at least 40% (in general, an employment level of less than 50% is allowed with SNIS funds only if co-funding for at least 50% of a FTE are available).
- Travel expenses
- Mandatory final workshop for the dissemination of the project’s findings.
Non eligible costs
- Salary of professors or post-docs with full time contract.
- Salary of the associated members (e.g. of IOs, NGOs).
- Infrastructure, Equipment, Publications and Overheads.
Deadline for pre-proposals: Extended to 23 January 2019 at 13:00h (GMT +1)
Deadline for full proposals: May 2019 (upon invitation)
Decision: June/July 2019
Start of the project: normally in autumn
For further information and application, please have a look at the call document, budget calculator, the online submission platform, past successful proposals and visit https://snis.ch/get-funding/.
Contact Research Office
Accessibility General public