The Cogito Foundation | Public understanding of Science
|Category||Call for proposal|
The goal of the Cogito Foundation is to encourage the dialogue between science and technology on one hand and humanities and the social sciences, on the other.
The Foundation supports events and activities that aim at increasing the understanding of Scientific thinking and the scientific method among the public at large, as well as congresses, meetings and seminars.
The Foundation does not grant supplementary funding to SNF, ERC or similar grants. Does not cover overheads nor infrastructure costs.
Restriction: does NOT cover additional costs of projects already funded by SNSF, ERC or similar national and international funding.
- PUBLIC UNDERSTANDING OF SCIENCE
- For what: Events and activities based in Switzerland. Does NOT cover translations, printing costs and overheads. The Foundation does NOT fund the dissemination of scientific results.
- How much: based on approved projects, min. CHF 2’000, max. CHF 250’000, average CHF 30’000.
- For what: invite prominent speakers to congresses, meetings, seminars and the like.
- How much: based on approved projects, min. CHF 1’000, max. CHF 100’000, average CHF 15’000.
Decisions: end of June and beginning of December.
Application: Submit your application in English or German, as a single PDF-document, to [email protected]. Guidelines for applicants are available at this link.
- ELIGIBILITY CHECK: the executive committee of the Foundation Council checks if the application is in line with the goals of the Foundation and immediately informs the applicant if this is not the case.
- EVALUATION: proposals passing the eligibility check are submitted to the Foundation Council. The Decision is communicated to the applicant within 2 months.
- General public