US DOD CDMRP - Pancreatic Cancer Research Program
Through the Congressionally Directed Medical Research Program (CDMRP), the Department of Defense is announcing the Pancreatic Cancer Research Program (PCARP) Awards. Two award programs are available:
- The FY22 Idea Development Award supports the development of innovative, high-risk/high reward research that could lead to critical discoveries or major advancements that will accelerate progress in improving outcomes for individuals with pancreatic cancer. This award mechanism is designed to support innovative ideas with the potential to yield impactful data and new avenues of investigation and offers a partnering PI option for early-career investigators.
- The FY22 Translational Research Partnership Award supports partnerships between clinicians and research scientists that will accelerate the movement of promising ideas in pancreatic cancer toward clinical applications. This award supports the development of translational research collaborations between two independent investigators to address a central problem or question in pancreatic cancer in a manner that would be less readily achievable through separate efforts. One partner in the collaboration must function as a research scientist and the other partner as a clinician investigator. It should be clear that both have had equal intellectual input in the design of the research project. Projects involving convergence science partnerships are strongly encouraged. At least one partner must have expertise in either pancreatic cancer research or pancreatic cancer patient care. Inclusion of experts from outside the pancreatic cancer field is encouraged. Note that full support for large-scale clinical trials is not expected within this FOA; however, small pilot clinical trials are allowed.
- FY22 Idea Development Award - Pre-Application (2 to 3 pages limit): July 8, 2022, submission on Oct. 6, 2022
- FY22 Translational Research Partnership Award - Pre-Application (two-page limit for the narrative part plus biosketch and reference): July 8, 2022, submission on Oct. 6, 2022
- FY22 Idea Development Award - Anticipated direct costs will not exceed $500,000 - $650’000 for a maximum of 3 years period of performance
- FY22 Translational Research Partnership Award - Anticipated direct costs will not exceed $750,000 for 3 years period of performance
ELIGIBILITY: EPFL researchers are eligible to participate.
HOW TO APPLY: Pre-applications are submitted through the eBRAP platform. Full applications will be made via a Grants.gov workspace. Full application packages can be downloaded from Grants.gov at any time.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Please refer to the FOAs below and feel free to contact the Research Office for any question or any help.
- FY22 Idea Development Award - W81XWH-22-PCARP-IDA
- FY22 Investigator-Initiated Research Award - W81XWH-22-PCARP-TRPA