[ Volkswagen Stiftung - Challenges and Potentials for Europe | Research funding on Aging Society in Europe ]
The focus of this call is on the broad field of challenges and potential of ageing for and in Europe, especially its transformative power on societies. While the main applicant has to come from the humanities, social or cultural sciences as lead disciplines, interdisciplinary projects with e.g. data or life sciences are also possible.
The call encourages projects on life course research, focusing either on Europe as a geographical region or on the European Union as a transnational entity.
Who can apply:
- Consortia involving 3-5 principal investigators from at least 3 different European countries
- Swiss-based applicants are eligible for funding, but the consortium must be led by an applicant based in Germany.
- Applicants must hold a PhD (or equivalent qualification) and must be affiliated to a university or research institution. The further qualification of young scholars has to be a central element of each research project.
Funding & Duration: max. EUR 1.5M for up to 4 years.
- Eligible costs: personnel, travel costs, workshops, consumables, acquisition and storage/management of data, open access, science communication measures, and equipment. Does not cover overheads.
Timeline of the call:
- Deadline for pre-proposals: 23 July 2021 by 12 p.m. (noon) CET.
- Shortlisted pre-proposals will be invited to submit a full proposal by November 2021.
- Deadline for full proposals: March 2022.
- Interview: May 2022
- Decision: Summer 2022
For more information and application, please have a look at the call webpage, guidelines, FAQs and online application portal.