Call for proposal

  Saturday 31 March 2018

[ ZHAW | Call for Mobility Grants with South Asia and Iran ]

The State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI) has commissioned the Zurich University of Applied Sciences (ZHAW) as Leading House for bilateral research collaboration with partner institutions in South Asia and Iran, namely Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Iran, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.

Mobility Grants enable the young generation of scientists to take part in international research collaboration in all disciplines, including the social sciences and humanities. These grants help build up new and sustainable partnerships through personal contacts early on in a scientist’s career. They aim at attracting young talent to Switzerland, and they encourage researchers in Switzerland to enhance their careers by spending time in an academic environment abroad.  


  • Applicants must be young scientists who hold a Master’s degree but no PhD yet, and with no more than 6 years of professional research experience. They must hold nationality of the country where their home institute is, permanent residence or cross-border commuter permit there, or be in a marriage or in a registered partnership with a citizen of the country where their home institute is.
  • Home institutes can be:
    • Swiss federal or cantonal universities, universities of applied sciences, universities of teachers’ education, or public research institutions or
    • Government accredited, mandated or appointed, or public research institutes in the partner countries.
  • Host researchers must be permanently employed principal investigators at a university or research institute.

Duration: 1-3 months (latest start: August 2018).

Deadline: 31 March 2018

Funding: up to CHF 10,000 per grant.
  • For Swiss researchers going abroad
    • The Hosting partner abroad should fund living allowances.
    • The Grant will cover flights (up to CHF 2,000), living costs, travel expenses, justified partial conference costs, matriculation fees and social charges at the host institute.
    • Research costs: only Swiss researchers going abroad can request the coverage of justified research costs arising abroad. However, you should rather seek alternative funding from the ZHAW Bridging Grants, SNSF or other.
  • For researchers coming from the partner countries to Switzerland
    • The Partner institute of provenance should cover flights.
    • The Grant will fund living allowances (up to CHF 2,500 per month).
  • The Grant
    • Does not cover overheads.
    • Is disbursed to the Swiss sending and/or host institute only.

Application: Submit your application (incl. this form) to Mr Waseem Hussain,

Contact Research Office

Accessibility General public

Admittance Free