[ Asian Funding and Scientific Collaboration Opportunities - China | Information event ]
Sponsored by EPFL’s Research Office and International Affairs Teams
Aim: to promote bilateral funding and scientific collaboration/exchange opportunities between EPFL scientists and their Asian counterparts (specifically: China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore) in support of EPFL’s three missions: Education, Research and Innovation.
- “State” representative/minister from each of the five respective countries: China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore;
- Swiss counterparts from the SNSF Interdisciplinary and International Co-operation division and the Leading House Asia ETH Zurich;
- Jan Hesthaven (Vice President of Academic Affairs) and Olivier Küttel (Head of International Affairs) will provide opening and closing remarks.
Target Audience: EPFL Professors, Students and Staff
Target Dates: Beginning the week of 16 March 2021, each approximately one-hour session will include information on funding and collaborative opportunities; one country per session
- Korea: Tuesday, 16 March 2021, 09h00
- Japan: Tuesday, 30 March 2021, 09h00
- Singapore: Tuesday, 06 April 2021, 09h00
- China: Tuesday, 13 April 2021, 09h00
- Hong Kong: Tuesday, 27 April 2021, 09h00
Session Format: Remote Conference, Zoom platform; sessions will be recorded and accessible to members of the EPFL community only (Gaspar protected).
09h00: Welcome by Jan Hesthaven, vice President of Academic Affairs, EPFL
09h03: Overview & Objectives by Olivier Küttel, Head of International Affairs, EPFL
09h05: Swiss Embassy China by Dr Felix Moesner
09h15: Leading House Asia ETH Zurich by Elise Nardin, International Affairs, Office of the President
09h20: SNSF by Timothy Ryan
09H25: National Science Foundation China by Dr Wencong Li
09h45: Q&A from all participants (we ask that participants let us know if they have any particular question, topic, etc. in the registration)
10h00: Closing Remarks by Olivier Küttel, Head of International Affairs, EPFL
Materials to be distributed: Listing of Asian Funding Opportunities and Institutions arranged in alphabetical order/country.