[ Asian Funding and Scientific Collaboration Opportunities | Information event ]
Sponsored by EPFL’s Research Office and International Affairs Teams
Aim: to promote bilateral funding and scientific collaboration/exchange opportunities between EPFL scientists and their Asian counterparts (specifically: China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore) in support of EPFL’s three missions: Education, Research and Innovation.
- “State” representative/minister from each of the five respective countries: China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore;
- Swiss counterparts from the SNSF Interdisciplinary and International Co-operation division and the Leading House Asia ETH Zurich;
- Jan Hesthaven (Vice President of Academic Affairs) and Olivier Küttel (Head of International Affairs) will provide opening and closing remarks.
Target Audience: EPFL Professors, Students and Staff
Target Dates: Beginning the week of 23 February 2021, six approximately one-hour sessions discussing funding and collaborative opportunities; one country per session, one Swiss session.
- Switzerland*: Tuesday, 23 February 2021, 09h00 (postponed to May tentatively, new date to be determined)
- Korea: Tuesday, 16 March 2021, 09h00
- Japan: Tuesday, 30 March 2021, 09h00
- Singapore: Tuesday, 06 April 2021, 09h00
- China: Tuesday, 13 April 2021, 09h00
- Hong Kong: Tuesday, 27 April 2021, 09h00
Session Format: Remote Conference, Zoom platform; sessions will be recorded and accessible to members of the EPFL community only (Gaspar protected).
Session Agenda: Introduction of session, EPFL, SNSF/ETH Zurich Leading House Speaker (10min), Speaker from relevant country (20 min), SNSF Member Speaker, Question and Answer (15 min), Closing remarks, EPFL.
09h00: Welcome by Jan Hesthaven, vice President of Academic Affairs, EPFL
09h05: Overview & Objectives by Olivier Küttel, Head of International Affairs, EPFL
09h10: SNSF Interdisciplinary and International Co-operation division by Delphine Marchon, Scientific Officer and other SNSF country specific representatives
09h15: Leading House Asia ETH Zurich by Elise Nardin, International Affairs, Office of the President
09H20: Country Presentation by “State” representative/minister from each of the five respective countries: China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore
09h40: Q&A from all participants (we ask that participants let us know if they have any particular question, topic, etc. in the registration)
09h55: Closing Remarks by Olivier Küttel, Head of International Affairs, EPFL
*Swiss Session: First session of the series. Introduction to EPFL’s Asian Collaboration Goals and expected outcomes, and central support available to investigators. Explanation of SNSF and Leading House, ETHZ roles with regard to Asian funding and collaboration efforts: relevant contact personnel, funding source and structure, etc.
Materials to be distributed: Listing of Asian Funding Opportunities and Institutions arranged in alphabetical order/country.