[ Branco Weiss Postdoctoral Fellowships | Research funding ]
The Branco Weiss Fellowship (Society in Science) is a postdoctoral program for exceptionally qualified young researchers. The fellowship consists of a personal research grant that enables the fellows to work on their projects in all disciplines, at an academic institution of their choice anywhere in the world, for up to 5 years. The fellowship is international and transdisciplinary in nature. The program aims to award up to 10 fellowships each year.
Funding & Duration: CHF 100,000 per year awarded in two instalments (Pioneer phase: the first 2 years of research; Exploitation phase: the remaining 3 years).
For what: all research-related costs (i.e. salary and/or equipment, travel expenses, consumables, personnel, etc.). Does NOT cover overheads.
You are eligible if:
- You officially hold a PhD on January 15, 2020.
- Your project departs from the mainstream of research in your discipline.
- You have a record of outstanding scientific achievement.
- You demonstrate in the proposal a willingness to engage in a dialogue on relevant social, cultural, political or economic issues across the frontiers of your particular discipline.
You are NOT eligible if:
- Your PhD was awarded before January 15, 2016.
- You already have or have held a faculty-equivalent position (e.g. assistant professor or lecturer). Those in current postdoctoral positions ARE eligible.
Deadline: 15 January 2021, 11.59 p.m. CET
For more information and application, please have a look at the call website. Applications are accepted from October 2020.