Canon Foundation Research Fellowship
|Category||Call for proposal|
The Canon Foundation in Europe offers Fellowships for research to be carried out in Europe or Japan
Annually, the Canon Foundation in Europe grants up to 15 Fellowships to highly qualified European and Japanese researchers. European Fellows are expected to pursue a period of research in Japan whereas Japanese Fellows are expected to do their research in Europe.
We support all fields of research. There are no limitations or restrictions. Applicants do not have to be currently enrolled or employed at the time of applying.
Canon Fellows from Europe are free to choose their host institutes and hosts in Japan. The same freedom is given to Japanese Canon Fellows coming to Europe. Canon Foundation Research Fellowships may be applied for when an agreement on co-operation and on a research plan has been reached between the guest researcher and the proposed host institution.
Applications can also be submitted by members of commercial, industrial, governmental or professional organizations.
Amount : Up to €30,000
- Deadline: 15 September 2023
- Start date of funding: between January and December 2024
- Notification of award : mid-December 2023
- All Europeans are eligible to apply (including UK, Israel, Turkey, Balkan and Baltic countries).
- Applicants should have obtained at least a Master's or PhD degree within the last ten years of applying to the Canon Foundation. We will also consider candidates who obtained their qualification more than ten years ago as long as they provide further supporting information in their application.
- Please note that priority is given to applicants going to Europe and Japan for the first time.
How to Apply :
- Applications should be made through the online application form.
- After registering, you will be directed to the application form.
For further information:
- Cannon Foundation in Europe Website