[ Canon Foundation - Research Fellowships with Japan ]
Annually, the Canon Foundation in Europe grants up to 15 Fellowships to highly qualified European and Japanese researchers. European Fellows are expected to pursue a period of research in Japan whereas Japanese Fellows are expected to do their research in Europe.
We support all fields of research. There are no limitations or restrictions. The average success rate is around 10%.
Who can apply:
- All Europeans are eligible to apply, including Israel, Turkey, Balkan and Baltic countries.
- Applicants should have obtained at least a Master's or PhD degree within the last ten years of applying to the Canon Foundation. The Foundation will also consider candidates who obtained their qualification more than ten years ago as long as they provide further supporting information in their application.
- Applicants do not have to be currently enrolled or employed at the time of applying.
- Canon Fellows from Europe are free to choose their host institutes and hosts in Japan. The same freedom is given to Japanese Canon Fellows coming to Europe.
- Canon Foundation Research Fellowships may be applied for when an agreement on co-operation and on a research plan has been reached between the guest researcher and the proposed host institution.
- Applications can also be submitted by members of commercial, industrial, governmental or professional organisations.
- Priority is given to applicants going to Europe and Japan for the first time and to those who plan to travel to Europe or Japan rather than prolong a current stay.
Funding: from 22,500 Euro to 27,500 Euro per year and pro-rata for different periods.
Successful applications may not receive the full amount that they request.
Duration: 3-12 months
Deadline: 15 February 2021
Decision: by mid-May 2021
Earliest start: September 2021 until December 2022
For further information, please have a look at the call webpage, online application form and the application documents.