[ ETHZ - Exchange of young researchers with South Korea | Mobility funding ]
The State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI) has commissioned ETHZ as Leading House for bilateral research collaboration with the Korean National Research Foundation (NRF) in all scientific disciplines.
ETHZ (as the Swiss Leading House) and the Korean National Research Foundation (NRF) jointly operate an instrument to foster and facilitate the direct exchange between Korean and Swiss research groups, enabling the mobility of young researchers. It is anticipated that 9 fellowships on each side can be financed within this Call.
ETHZ call supports the research stay of Swiss-based young researchers at research groups in South Korea. The duration of the stay in South Korea is limited to 3 months. The call is open to any disciplines, including social sciences and humanities.
Who can apply:
- PhD Students and young postdocs from Swiss universities, universities of applied sciences and research institutes.
- The Host researcher in Korea must be a principal investigator employed full-time at a university or research institute in Korea.
- The applicant should be motivated to spend part of his/her later scientific career abroad.
Who cannot apply:
- Applicants with Korean nationality cannot be considered for stays in Korea.
- Korean young researchers interested in a 3-month research stay in Switzerland must apply to the NRF to receive a monthly allowance of CHF 2’500 for 3 months and an international air ticket of max. CHF 2’000.
- Maintenance allowance: KRW 2’500’000 a month for 3 months.
- International air ticket: Max. KRW 2’500’000.
Timeline of the call:
- Applications open in September: application form, join Supporting letters from both the Swiss supervisor and the Korean host supervisor, and submit your application to Ms Lucia Arpagaus ([email protected]).
- Deadline: 29 November 2019
- Decisions will be communicated in February 2020
- Earliest start: 1 March 2020
- Latest end: 28 February 2021
For more information and application, have a look at the call website and the call guidelines.