[ FAMAE Foundation – FOOD FOR GOOD! Challenge | Proof of Concept - Seed money ]
FAMAE is an independent foundation created in 2017 by Eric Philippon and his family with the objective to support and highlight initiatives that reduce our environmental footprint in the major circular economy sectors: water, waste, energy, mobility, food, air etc. In particular, FAMAE Foundation seeks pragmatic, efficient, durable, universal and money-saving solutions to make life easier for urban dwellers while reducing their environmental footprint.
The Foundation launches annual international competitions to enable brilliant and innovative inventors to make their ideas come true or to effectively launch their product. The 2018 edition focused on waste, the 2019 edition on water and the 2020 edition focuses on food.
The 2020 competition "FOOD FOR GOOD!" targets brilliant ideas, prototypes, products or services aimed at developing simple, innovative and concrete solutions “from field to fork” to deliver fair, sustainable and healthy food, for everybody, everywhere. The Foundation’s challenges are open to disruptive projects, either emerging or mature.
Seed funding: Max. EUR 2 million (with the max. amount being awarded only if a single project is selected)
- Eligible costs: project related expenses (e.g. further R&D expenses, test protocol costs, personnel and marketing expenses).
- Complementary support: access to FAMAE business network and support with legal / trade and financial aspects, or product development and manufacturing / suppliers’ sourcing.
Who can apply:
- Teams of applicants from Education (e.g. students, professors, researchers), Business (e.g. start-ups, SMEs) and Philanthropy (e.g. NGOs, associations) anywhere in the world.
- Applicants cannot have two applications running in parallel.
Deadline: 14 February 2020
- Link to the online application form: https://foodforgood.selecteev.io/apply
- The form can be filled out in English or French.
- Describe your project in max 500 characters. Consider the call’s evaluation criteria: Innovation, Feasibility, Impact.
- Explain what problems are solved thanks to your project and its environmental impact.
- Describe your team, your users/customers and your competitors/alternatives.
- Business plan
- Note: if you tick that your Project is « Philanthropic », you commit to share project-related IP free of charge.
For further information, please have a look at this Flyer, the terms and conditions, the composition of the jury and FAQs, the 2019 laureates and the 2018 laureates.