[ Fondation Leenaards | Research funding on translational medical research ]
Each year, Fondation Leenaards allocates up to CHF 1.5 million for the Leenaards Prize for Translational Medical Research.
The research prize is awarded to 2-3 innovative projects, conducted by, at least, a university hospital (CHUV, HUG) and an academic partner (e.g. EPFL, UNIL, UNIGE) of the Lake Geneva region, investigating a clinical problem from an original and innovative angle, linking it to a component of advanced basic research, be it experimental research, bioinformatics or epidemiological analyses.
The project must:
- include a human research component
- stand on its own, but it can be embedded in the context of an existing project.
Who can apply:
- At least one group at a university hospital (CHUV or HUG) AND one group at an academic institution (e.g. EPFL, UNIL, UNIGE) of the Lake Geneva Region; the third applicant can be based outside of this region.
- The PI must be a clinical scientist (MD, MD-PhD, or PhD, below the age of 45).
- Applicants should preferably be at a relatively early stage in their careers.
- All applicants must hold a “stable position” for the entire duration of the project.
- Applicants cannot have received this grant during the last 3 years (2016-2018).
Funding and duration: Max. 750’000 for up to 36 months (not renewable).
- Deadline for Letter of Intent: 11 March 2019.
- Pre-selection: 15 April 2019.
- Internal deadline for Institutional Support Letter: 13 May 2019 (contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Deadline for Full Proposals: 27 May 2019
- Final Decision: end of September 2019.
- Beginning of the Project: early January 2020.
For more information have a look at the call webpage, call document, the EPFL Toolkit, composition of the Jury and past granted projects.