[ Fritz Thyssen Foundation - Support of Projects | Research Funding ]
The Foundation supports projects at universities or non-profit research institutions in the following areas of support:
- History, Language & Culture
- The interdisciplinary field “Image–Sound–Language”
- State, Economy and Society
- Medicine and the Natural Sciences
- Interdisciplinary projects are also welcomed.
Applications must have a clear connection to the German research system:
- German scientists working on the project,
- non-German scientists being affiliated to German research institutes and/or
- research topic related thematically to German research interests.
Does not support:
- Applications that are already under consideration by other funding institutions.
- Projects which are solely aimed at completing doctoral dissertations.
Who can apply:
- Doctoral students and Postdoctoral researchers.
- Applicants must have 2-4 years of experience in postdoctoral research.
- Applicants must aim at setting up or expanding a small working group of their own.
- Firmly established researchers and scientists (holders of chairs, directors of clinics) are NOT eligible.
Duration: 2 years (renewable for 1 more year)
Funding: not specified.
- PI’s salary (only for postdoctoral junior researchers)
- Personnel costs for academic and non-academic staff (usually 1 full-time position or 2 part-time positions)
- One-off costs (special literature, licenses, small equipment, etc.)
- Annual running costs (e.g. supplies)
- Costs for experimental animals and animal facilities
- Other costs (e.g. contracts with outside providers, works agreements, costs for use of core facilities)
- Travel expenses
Non Eligible costs:
- Salaries for staff who already have a post
- Construction work
- Office procurement
Internal Deadline: at least 7 working days before the call deadline.
- Submit your application to email@example.com to obtain the Letter of Institutional Support (compulsory).
- Submit your application by postal service and by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) in English or German.
Instructions for submitting applications in the humanities and social sciences
Instructions for submitting applications in medicine
For more information and application: Please have a look at the call website.