[ Gebert Rüf Stiftung - Funding for cluster projects | Research funding ]
Gebert Rüf Stiftung (GRS) was established in 1998 by entrepreneur Heinrich Gebert as a science and innovation foundation. Its objective is to promote «Switzerland as a top location for business and as a place to live». As a private funding agency guided by its mission statement «making science effective», it supports entrepreneurial projects, which are committed to achieving an impact.
GRS has opened a new area of activity, Cluster funding, endowed with CHF 0.5 million in 2019, to support outstanding projects, which contribute to network, shape and complement GRS topics and areas of activity.
The objective is to lock more intensively into synergies between the actors and achieve the necessary critical mass for effective implementation in societal and business domains.
Projects from all disciplines and from a very wide range of contexts are welcome.
Support criteria for cluster projects:
- Proven networkability
- Close connection to GRS topics and areas of activity
- Highly innovative and original
- Projects of Swiss-wide significance
- Major potential for initial funding
Who can apply: applicants employed within a Swiss institution of higher education or research (ETH Domain, university, university of applied sciences) or an non-profit organization. Non independent researchers at EPFL must join a Letter of Support from the Head of their Unit.
Funding: no upper or lower limit.
- Eligible costs: Salaries and Material costs
- Does NOT cover: Infrastructure, Equipment and Overheads.
- Informal Access: submit a 1-2 page abstract to [email protected] well ahead of the deadline for proposals
- Proposal: 1 February, 1 May, 1 September and 1 December (every year) at 23:59 (Decision after 3 months)
- Application: 1 March, 15 May, 1 September, 1 December (every year) (Decision after 3 months)
For further information, please have a look at the call webpage.