[ Gebert Rüf Stiftung - Funding for digital education and entrepreneurship | Research funding ]
Gebert Rüf Stiftung (GRS) was established in 1998 by entrepreneur Heinrich Gebert as a science and innovation foundation. Its objective is to promote «Switzerland as a top location for business and as a place to live». As a private funding agency guided by its mission statement «making science effective», it supports entrepreneurial projects, which are committed to achieving an impact.
GRS Digital TechPreneurs funding programme is endowed with CHF 0.5 million per year to increase digital technology skills and entrepreneurship at upper secondary schools and vocational colleges.
This area of activity supports courses (extracurricular and school-based project work) that are scalable, serve as models and involve activities that are implemented by students.
Who can apply: non-profit organisations with a strong network of partners, including, for example, Swiss institution of higher education or research, Swiss Skills, Swiss Youth in Science, YES Young Enterprise Switzerland, industry associations, cantonal chambers of trade and commerce; vocational colleges and secondary schools.
- Please fill out the application form.
- Course providers should obtain the support of students/trainees to hold the course.
- Medium-term self-financing plan through the acquisition of long-term funding partners.
- Non independent researchers at EPFL must join a Letter of Support from the Head of their Unit.
Funding: no upper or lower limit.
- Eligible costs: Salaries and Material costs
- Does NOT cover: Infrastructure, Equipment and Overheads.
- Informal Access: submit a 1-2 page abstract to [email protected] well ahead of the deadline for proposals.
- Proposal: 1 February, 1 May, 1 September and 1 December (every year) at 23:59
- Application: upon invitation
For further information, please have a look at the call webpage.