[ Holcim Stiftung | Advanced Postdoctoral Fellowship/Assistant Professorship in any discipline ]
The Holcim Stiftung offers grants to outstanding young scientists to carry out excellent research (fundamental, applied, PoC and/or market-oriented) and scientific teaching in any discipline and field in Switzerland in view of acquiring a lecturer grade qualification or similar.
Note: grants are NOT awarded to projects solely for the pursuit of training in a new area (as opposed to further training in a field already established as a specialism of the candidate).
Priority is given to projects:
- with a positive social impact,
- exploring innovative methods, new perspectives or novel lines of questioning crucial to the advancement of science,
- already underway.
Who can apply (all must apply):
- Advanced postdoctoral researchers or PATT at the beginning of their tenure, who aspire to a lecturer grade qualification or similar.
- Under 35 years old (a 2-year flexibility is accepted only in exceptional justified cases).
- Who aspire to a professorship.
- With several publications.
- Over 20% of the time dedicated to the research project.
- Based in Switzerland.
Funding & Duration: no upper or lower limit
- Eligible costs: the applicant’s salary and social charges based on SNSF salary scale (usually between CHF 90’000 and 120’000 p.a.).
- Does NOT cover: publications, materials, personnel, infrastructure, Participation in conferences, symposia and overhead.
- Duration: usually between 24-36 months.
- Grants are NOT awarded for:
- Early postdoctoral fellowships.
- Studies in Switzerland or abroad, within or outside the applicant’s field of research.
- You can submit parallel requests for funding for your salary, but you must inform the Foundation at the proposal stage (online application form) and if you receive other positive decisions.
Deadlines: 30 April and 31 October (every year)
- Note: the Foundation does NOT accept informal requests.
- Apply via the online application form, joining your CV, publications, diploma, 2 letters of recommendations, among others.
Note: The Foundation’s annual budget is CHF 500’000 (only 4-5 stipends are awarded per year).
For further information, please have a look at the call webpage and regulations.