Interventions to Enhance Epidemic Intelligence
|Category||Call for proposal|
Funder: Grand Challenges Senegal
Aim: Advance the ecosystem for public health innovation in Africa. Grand Challenges initiatives are united by their focus on fostering innovation, directing research to where it will have the most impact and serving those most in need.
- Integrate across disciplines and converge solutions
- prioritize Senegal as a setting to exemplify the work but with regional impact and potential for reach
- Apply the very latest science into an ecosystem that is evolving into a hub for translational impact and production
Amount & Duration: US$ 50,000.00 over a period of 18 months
On completion, successful projects will be eligible for assistance with additional resource mobilization, project planning and grant monitoring.
Scope: Grand Challenges Senegal has been established to:
- Advance life science innovation and publich health in Africa
- Elevate the work and profile of Senegalese and African innovators in Africa and innovators among the diaspora across the globe
- Deploy the Grand Challenges funding model in Africa, with a particular focus on the ECOWAS region
- Support the innovation pipeline from discovery to development to deployment
- Support existing grantees of Grand Challenges initiatives in Africa, particularly those supported by Grand Challenges Africa, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Grand Challenges Canada, and Grand Challenges for Development USAID
- Strategic and well-articulated grand challenges will serve both to focus research efforts and to engage Africa's best innovators.
- Projects will be selected based on public, transparent calls for proposals seeking the best ideas.
- Funders, investigators, and other stakeholders will actively collaborate and integrate advances to ensure these advances serve the most in need.
- Projects will be selected not only for scientific excellence, but also for their likelihood to achieve the desired impact. They must be milestone-driven and actively managed to that end.
- Projects and investigators will make equitable access commitments to ensure the fruits of their research are available to those most in need.
- Applications must be submitted through the online portal, towards the bottom of the linked page
- Provide all contact information requested
- Provide a two-page proposal
- Provide a one-page budget
- There is NO template for the proposal documents
- Applications must be written in English or French