[ Jacobs Foundation - Postdoctoral fellowships | Fellowship funding ]
This is a globally competitive three-year fellowship program for early and advanced postdoctoral researchers to conduct independent research of international relevance
- To improve the learning, development and living conditions of children and youth or
- To contribute to one of the foundation’s thematic priorities: science of learning, early childhood and rural livelihoods.
- In any discipline, e.g. psychology, neurosciences, biology, educational sciences, sociology, medical sciences and computer sciences.
- Preference to interdisciplinary work that combine genetic, epigenetic, neurobiological, behavioural and social levels of analysis.
Type of grants:
Jacobs Early Career Research Fellowship
- Who: up to 7 years after PhD
- Funding: CHF 150,000 for 3 years
- Covers: up to 50% of the fellow’s salary
- # fellowships per year: 7-11
Jacobs Advanced Research Fellowship
- Who: up to 15 years after PhD
- Funding: CHF 400,000 for 3 years
- Covers: up to 25% of the fellow’s salary
- # fellowships per year: 2-3
Other eligible costs:
- Partial coverage of any activity supporting the fellow's research, such as assistant salaries, equipment, technical assistance, professional travel, or trainee support.
- 10% overheads.
Deadline for pre-proposal: 17 March 2019 (23.59 Swiss local time)
Deadline for full-proposal: 30 June 2019 (23.59 Swiss local time) (upon invitation)
Interview: September 2019
Decision: December 2019
- Submit your CV (incl. publications) and a statement of your scientific work and research plans in a single PDF document via the online application form (the call will be open beginning of 2019).
- A confidential recommendation letter from a department head or other senior researcher must be sent directly to [email protected].
For more information, please have a look at the call website.