[ National Research Programme - NRP 78 - Covid-19 | Research funding ]
The Federal Council has mandated the SNSF to launch a call for the National Research Programme "Covid-19" (NRP 78).
The call targets research in the following research areas:
- Basic aspects of the biology, pathogenicity and immunogenicity of Sars-CoV-2.
- New approaches in Covid-19 epidemiology and disease prevention.
- Covid-19 vaccine, drug and diagnostics development.
- Clinical Covid-19 research and therapeutic interventions.
Who can apply:
- 1-4 applicants.
- 1-2 applicant may be based abroad if she/he brings essential expertise.
- PhD obtained at least 4 years prior to the application deadline or equivalent qualification. This restriction does not apply to independent researchers holding a PhD, who can apply as soon as they get the said position.
Funding & Duration: Max. CHF 2M for max. 24 months starting between 1 August and 31 October 2020. No extensions possible
Deadline: 25th May 2020
For further information about this call, please have a look at the EPFL Toolkit (including EPFL instructions and budget calculator) and contact [email protected].
For other COVID-19-related calls, please have a look at this list, which is regularly maintained by the ReO.