registrations for Bioengineering Day 2019 are open
Annual research event of the EPFL's Institute of Bioengineering (IBI) -- this year under the motto "Engineering with Bioinspired or Biomimetic Approaches".
In a nutshell (see details -talk titles and schedules, in particular- HERE):
- Invited Talks by:
“On Skin Colour & Reptilian Scales: When Charles Darwin Meets John von Neumann & Alan Turing" (Keynote)
Maartje Bastings, Institute of Materials & Institute of Bioengineering, EPFL:
"The Promises and Challenges of DNA as Programmable Biomaterial"
Ullrich Steiner, Soft Matter Physics Group, University of Fribourg (CH):
"Bioinspired Surfaces: from Optics to Adhesion" (Keynote)
- Short research talks by four ‘Jeffrey Hubbell and Melody Swartz Young Bioengineer Award’ finalists (names and titles to be announced - stay tuned!)
- Presentation by EPFL student team, winner of Grand Prize in the 2019 iGEM Synthetic Biology competition:
- Research posters
- Annual Ceremony:
Toasts to various IBI faculty
- Networking, beer & wine, food, live music...
Participation is free of charge; registration, required, runs until Wednesday, November 20, 2019, noon (this is the final, EXTENDED DEADLINE). Register HERE now!
See online info HERE.
- Informed public
- Registration required
- EPFL Institute of Bioengineering (IBI)
- Dietrich REINHARD, Institute Manager